Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 4 weeks ago

Is my dog trying to snitch on me. ?

I came in and had a sneaky cigarette before. She sniffed me and started barking at my mum. She kept doing it but mum eventually found out then because of the dog

hopefully...............................

I can't decide which is more stupid - sneaking cigarettes, smoking cigarettes or thinking your dog is with the Nicotine Police.

Good, smoking ANYTHING is just plain stupid

I think that is exactly what happened. That dog ain't dumb, huh?

Dogs are smart, but your dog has no concept of smoking for pleasure.  She does know that smoke can be very dangerous because it signals a fire, so she's trying to warn everyone that something is on fire.  Good instincts.  You may have to smoke somewhere away from the dog.

I notice that every time I turn on my furnace at the beginning of the cold season, a smoky odor comes out of the vents due to dust particles in the furnace burning, and my cat totally freaks out because she thinks the house is on fire.  We have to calm her down and assure her that everything is OK.  

Yes, and rightly so. The dog is smarter than you are.  You should not be smoking.