Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 4 weeks ago

Is it mean spirited for girls to do a poll of the boys in their senior class?

For example, let’s say that two of the boys in their class are:

1. Extremely handsome, but carries himself with no confidence, cried when someone in his class beat him up, and can’t defend himself.

2. Extremely ugly, but a class clown, and doesn’t let anybody pick on him.

The girls rated both of the boys in “looks.”

1.  ‘1’

2. ‘8’

Did they do that because his lack of confidence makes him ugly, thus the ugly boy being rated good-looking because he stands up for himself AND has a great sense of humor? Or were they being bitter because they can’t stand him, thus rating him as uglier than the one who’s actually ugly? FYI - prior to this poll, this boy snitched on the older brother of one of the girls who participated in the poll, because the older brother was picking on him. Obviously, his sister took her brother’s side, as she felt that her classmate should’ve defended himself instead of snitching on her brother. Could that have been instrumental in him getting a “1” in “looks”?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Fred
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

I hope you are making straight A's in your senior year?

If you're not... you are spending entirely too much of your time on things that don't matter at ALL! 

• Login to reply the answers
  • Cara
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

To me, the whole thing just sounds rather spiteful and thoughtless. Did you tell the boys the results, or just snigger among yourselves? Grow up.

• 4 weeks ago

yes--all of that polling crap is mean spirited...for girls or boys

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

it might be better not to do it so they dont feel bad about it

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

The whole high school custom of "rating" other students is juvenile (well, they ARE juveniles) and also mean-spirited.

My feeling about this: Don't waste time overthinking this. Form your own opinions about your classmates and forget the "polls", which are nothing like fair elections.

• 4 weeks ago

Only you can judge your intentions - I have no idea whether any of you are 'mean spirited' - but it's certainly STUPID.

Please try to spend a little time pondering the likely consequences of your actions before you leap into some other silly joke.

• drip
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

HS students rating , actually taking a poll, of other student by looks is idiotic, immature, degrading, demoralizing, destructive and down right mean

• 4 weeks ago

yeah mean spirited albeit unintentionally but will certainly take a blow to a few peoples self-esteem.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.