Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

Will 3 eggs give you enough protein after a workout?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

One egg has 6 grams of protein. 

Eggs are the perfect post-workout food as they are high in selenium, protein, a variety of vitamin D, B and B12, nutrients, minerals like zinc, iron and copper, which help your body repair after an intense gym, workout and physical exercise.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Yes. 3 eggs have about 18 grams of protein, and anything over 15 is sufficient after a workout. Remember that your total daily intake of protein is more important however, so try to get 0.8-1 gram per pound of body weight to maximize muscle gain (if that is your goal)

• Logan
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Three large eggs has about the same protein & fat as  3.5 ounces of 85% lean ground  beef - about 18 grams protein and 15 grams fat.  That is enough meat/eggs for a single meal, but each meal should also include grain and vegetables that would bring total protein for the meal to 30 or more grams.  A 150 pound person would need 5 such meals a day.  A larger person would need larger meals. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Depends on the workout. I gained lots of muscle without much meat in the last 3 weeks. Milk is my friend

Ommm

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Robin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

both pre and post workout should be just water and nothing else

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

an egg has approximately 7 grams of protein, so all together you will have 21 grams. If you are trying to build muscle I would have 4 eggs, otherwise it is fine

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes they will...........

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.