Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 4 weeks ago

Could Trump have picked a worse time to do this?

Trump says he hates corruption but he wants to make bribery easier worldwide. https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/trump-says...

7 Answers

Relevance
  • not
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Time to do what? There are dates shared in that opinion piece, 2012 for example. That piece is labeled as opinion. 

I have to admit I ignore when someone quotes a book as if now that it is written it is gospel. So in 2017 someone unamed, source not cited, well "book" said it found Trump whining. I'd like details about this whine incident. My sister's half brothers cousins wife's neighbor said an unnamed source said. Yea whatever.Trump is correct in 2012 that it is not fair that the US does not get to join in on the crooked behavior. How can a person play poker when many other players are allowed to cheat and that is not allowed? This is one of many ways free trade has been a failure for the US for decades. "Our companies". What's that refer to your beloved opinion writer ask. Well what does Trump sell abroad? What is his product? A little comprehensive thinking perhaps. 

So the opinion piece brings up the question. Is it fair to be forced to do business with cheaters while you are not allowed to cheat? I suggest, better yet whine, that I'd like to be an undocumented person instead of a citizen because of the benefits to that. From there you are left to suggest one of two logical approaches to that problem. Everyone a ghost or everyone follows the law. 

3 decades of doing trade with cheaters while forbidding it for ourselves. It's worth mentioning. Japan also "whined" about the US allowing counterfeiting of their "our compainies" products when it was supposedly against the rules. Complete counterfeit Honda motorcycles would have a great time to put your foot down wouldn't it of? 

What we have here is someone putting their opinion in print without sharing any facts to the matter. By all means let's discuss the matter beginning to end. Why do we allow counterfeits yet we are not allowed to create them? Fair game?

Don't like Trump being your president? Things like this going on for decades is how you chose this. Our actions and inactions shape our future, not a single day at a polling place. 

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 weeks ago

What is bribery?

For years we have given billions in foreign aid and countless volunteers. What is wrong in asking for something in return? If Biden did ask for a job for his son AND he did have a say in aid as a VP, was it truly wrong for Trump to ask the Ukraine for help?

Was it wrong to help Bin Laden fight the Russians and then watch the terrorist attacks unfold against US? Afghanistan has no control of it's people.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Trump understands how bribery has been linked to his misconduct to petition foreign govs to interfere in US elections on his behalf. So of course, he wants to minimize his attacks on our democracy to suit himself.

Everything trump does/says is for his self-aggrandizement. He was the kid who took his bat/ball and went home thinking rules don't apply to him

• Jeff D
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Typical wapo opinion piece trying to build a molehill into a mountain.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Yavan
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Of course.

Haven't you hear the great message of the Orange One?

''Following the rules is for losers!''

Probably part of why Sen James Langford doesn't think he's a good role model for children.

• not
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

That is probably the message. It leaves you a choice: Support the cheaters or crush them. Oddly the choice is to support the cheaters. It is true that following the rules while someone is cheating makes you a loser. That's why it's a problem, duh.

• 4 weeks ago

You've been duped by your Leftist fake news again .

• 4 weeks ago

You know you posted an op ed don't you? It actually says it is.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.