promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Danny asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 months ago

if I just eat what I want but eat 1500 calories a day and do cardio 4 days a week will I lose weight? ?

I am going to try and eat healthier cut junk food out just have meals will I lose weight doing this sticking to 1500 calories a day and doing cardio 4 days a week? 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

You will be hungry but will lose weight.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Chris
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Wait until you see how little 1500 of eating whatever you want actually is,

• 2 months ago

Maybe, maybe not.  Here are some things to consider:

1. To lose weight/fat you need to have a calorie deficit.  If 1,500 calories is less than your body uses each day, you will create a calorie deficit.  If you don't use us that many calories, you will not lose weight.

2.  WHAT you eat does matter.  When you eat a carbohydrate, your body releases insulin to deliver the glycogen produced by the carb to your cells. Insulin also tells your cell to stop burins stored fat and to store any extra glycogen as fat.  If you eat a lot of carbs, your body will be in sugar burning/fat storing mode.  The more often you eat, the more likely your body will have insulin in the blood.

3. WHEN you eat matters.  Our cells use fuel as they need it.  If we consume more calories (fuel) than our cells need, they body store that extra fuel as fat.  The more calories we eat later in the day-- when we are less likely to burn the fuel, the more likely we will end up storing some of those calories.

4. Our bodies are hard wired to seek out proper nutrition including vitamins, minerals, essential amino acids, an essential fatty acids.  If you don't provide those nutrients in the foods. you eat, you are more likely to have cravings and hunger. The more cravings and hunger you have, the harder it is to stay on a calorie restricted diet.  

• jehen
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Most assuredly you will lose weight, unless you are already a very small person and your idea of cardio is a walk around the block.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

You sure will. Whether you lose muscle mass or fat, however, rather depends on how much protein you eat.

• Petter
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Pretty much depends on your current weight, but if you are over weight, then yes.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.