Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 4 weeks ago

Is there any way a conservative can grow a heart and actually learn to care about his fellow man, or are they too far gone?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

"If you are not a liberal at 20, you have no heart. If you are not Conservative by 40, you have no brain." - Winston Churchill

What you don't get yet is what ACTUAL compassion is composed of! Simply wearing your heart on your sleeve is not it. That should be becoming evident even to Liberals on the West coast with the steadily degrading social conditions with the homelessness there and all the things associated to it in the land of endless compassion. It is just the most visible manifestation of this concept you don't get yet.

Conservative heartlessness is a myth you simply like to buy into. I did when I was young. Now I understand it's not, too. Conservative charity is huge. You will just not hear about it in the hopeless biased Liberal press, except in passing on some society page in the paper. And then that only scratches the surface of the addressing the charity of the 1%er's or less. Charity and volunteerism is high in Church and civics organizations.

If you actually wanted to learn the facts, read "Who Really Cares: The Surprising Truth About Compassionate Conservatism" by Arthur C. Brooks. But then again, why ruin that nice, neat little image of Conservatives you and too many other Liberals simply want to have.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 weeks ago

Are you talking about caring if unborn children are murdered or not?

• 4 weeks ago

79 pulls(lives pulled out of fires), 19 babies delivered and saved hundreds of lives in 31 years in the FDNY. Your turn!!

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Many conservatives do care, it is mostly libertarians that seem to be adverse to government providing for the people.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Susie
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Conservatives actually donate more money and time to charities than liberals do. Liberals like to scream and push for OTHERS to do something while they sit back on their hands and do nothing but whine and cry. A heart is no good if you don’t ACT with it.  Liberals sure can talk the talk, but rarely walk the walk, unless it’s protesting. 

• 4 weeks ago

The heart is a pump . Pumps have nothing to do with what I think about Leftists .

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

If i didn't have a heart i'd be dead.

• 4 weeks ago

Libtards think caring about their fellow man means giving them "free stuff" from the government.

• Jeff D
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Liberals think 'caring about their fellow man' means getting someone else to pay for it.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

You are talking about the people who give far more to charity than liberals, right??? Maybe you should stop being a horrible person. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.