So since there wasn't an Assassin's Creed game in 2016 or 2019 does that mean the new schedule?

will be two release games two years in a row, then take a year off?  I really hope not.  I understood that Ubisoft thought no one would be interested in a new game in 2016 because of the movie coming out but NOTHING Assassin's Creed related came out in 2019.  I really like the yearly release schedule because my favorite parts of the games are the present day storyline and since there is so little of the game devoted to that I am always heavily looking forward to the next game to see what little they advance that storyline.  Having to wait TWO YEARS pisses me off!  The only thing that calmed me a bit in 2016 was the majority of the movie taking place in present day.

They've moved to a wider schedule because people were getting sick of annual releases, especially as the games being released weren't being given enough time to be smoothed over and tested properly. Thats how we ended up with the utter dabacle that was Unity.

They're doing every two years now so that they get it right.

• Matt4 weeks agoReport

I hardly noticed ANY problems with Unity. Granted I play ALL my games offline and only do the main story without going off the beaten path to explore but I didn't encounter the things that other people claimed to.

Origins and Odyssey were massive games. Expect the next one to be bigger and better. Also new consoles should come out late 2020.