Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Why do Christians waste their time debating atheists?

24 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

It's their claim to defend. Most people want to be right about how they see things. Skeptics bring doubt that should be considered since anyone is prone to irrational thinking without realizing it.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

I don't, actually. I do sometimes have to destroy their sophistry to keep them from deceiving people.

• Paul
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Because Jesus Christ commanded His followers to "Go forth and make disciples of all peoples".

• 1 month ago

I don't, every once in a while I like to expose them for the fools they really are.

Attachment image
    • ...Show all comments
    • Antares
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

He also said we all need to leave this planet pronto and colonize Mars, but keep quoting him on subjects he doesn't know anything about. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Liz
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Many people will debate for hours, but not because they are seeking truth. They just want to undermine another’s faith while flaunting their own supposed education. True Christians attempt to have a discussion but once it is evident the effort is a dead end, they follow Jesus' example and move on to others who want to know the truth. (Matthew 10:14)

• 1 month ago

Because for most of them, their number one wet dream is to create MORE Agent Smiths! Uhhh... I mean Christians. To the point that EVERYONE is a Christian! Because that's what their stinky book tells them to do. Although some of the more liberal ones (mostly) disregard it, as they're smart, empathetic and polite enough to know better.

• ...Show all comments
    • Jea
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

ღAmayAღ (Pond) :  It appears they are completely unable to debate you either.

• 1 month ago

I don't.  I have better things to do with my time.  They can believe or not believe.  I don't care.

@ J -- I'm not interesting in "casting pearls before swine."

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
  • JASON
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Yeah, they could be debating the choir boys.

• I don't, dear.  I simply point out the logical fallacies and intellectual dishonesty of the atheists, dear.  I hope they break free of the delusions of atheism and expand their limited 'reality' to include God, who is a part of reality, dear.

• 1 month ago

They then have the opportunity to evangelise their crap and dogmas of course, is why.

That their rantings  fall  on deaf ears is of no consequence whatsoever to them however though sadly

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.