Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 month ago

What happens if I dip over the max line on a pregnancy test?

I was taking a pee on a stick pregnancy test and the instructions said not to pee over the max line but I think a bit splashed over. The test was pink for a while but then it was normal and only the control line showed up( negative thank god). 

but now I’m worried that maybe it’s not a true result since the pee went over the max line, could that happen?

• LizB

If the test strip gets oversaturated then you may get an invalid result. If you're concerned, then just take a second test. Dollar Store brands are cheap, and they're just as good as the more expensive brands. In fact some of them can detect lower amounts of hCG that the more costly brands.

Anything is possible. This is why most buy the sticks that you simply pee on. If you can't afford to buy a good pregnancy test then you do not need to be having sex.