What are the skilled service/related trades can I make a living with?

What skilled trades are out there that are not in construction, industrial or agriculture? I'm looking for something in service or related trades (Chef, hairstylist or baker etc).

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

If you are the best chef, hairstylist or baker...you shouldnt have any issues.   

The problem with these fields is that there are a ton of people who can do these jobs and lost of competition.  You probably wont get a decent job working in one of these fields, but you will make ok money as a business owner. 

• Login to reply the answers
  • A.J.
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The best people as most skilled in any field can do very well. It's more about medians and averages. In the USA, the highest paid trade fields on average are medical and technician.

Although not showing every job, and OCCUPATION FINDER is a filter, and this is USA only, but most jobs are similar requirements and relative reward globally,

https://www.bls.gov/ooh/a-z-index.htm

The best way to do this is not just going to school and not just choosing a payscale job.

1) What fields of work interest you? This is something you will devote a lot of your time.

2) Do you have any natural abilities, talents, skills? Any weaknesses? People bad with numbers should not be an accountant and will have issues as a cashier. Even if you are a skilled artist, you may not want to make it a career.

3)  What is the pay scale in the field Is it sufficient to satisfy you?

4) What is the job availability and demand? Is it growing? Does it have location flexibility? There are not many boat captains in Wyoming.

5) What does it take to become one? Is the time and certifications in line with what you will be willing to devote?

Try to filter out possible jobs as best for you. Maybe you are the perfect truck driver?

• Ben1 month agoReport

I'm not from the US, I'm from the UK. The system is a lot different over here.

• Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.