Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

How do I get revenge on my uncle's ex-wife for my Mom?

My mother wants me to turn on and hate my uncle's ex-wife. She was mad that I was nice to her when I saw her at a wedding in November for her daughter. My Dad was disappointed in me also. So to win over my parents I am seeking revenge against her. They divorced after 21 years of marriage in 2016. My mother and father want me to despise who they despise and they despise this woman because they were my uncle's counselors during the divorce and he did not wrong at all and she was completely to blame (at least Mom told me that).

So how do I get revenge against this woman I seldom ever see anymore? Whatever I do has to be legal of course. I am not allowed to have any concern for her 3 children's feelings even though they are cousins of mine. The one daughter leaned on her mother's side so that daughter is an enemy cousin as an enemy of our family. The two sons are good guys especially the one who calls his mother by her first name instead of Mom. That one is our pal and favorite cousin since he is cold to his mother and on uncle's side.

Canadacraig: their not asking me to killer or anything but good point about them trying to drag me down with them. They’re acting like teenagers. Plus like someone else know that it was an alcoholism situation though I think my uncles trying there. They’ve been married 21 years anyway with 3 kids

Favorite Answer

If your mom and dad told you to KILL her - would you? Your mom and dad are 'small people' who are trying to drag you down with them. RESIST AT ANY COST. And leave the ex-uncle's wife alone.

While revenge is never productive, its not even yours, but your parents??? Please! I think this whole story is make believe! Ho hum

• RP

Forget about revenge. That's neither reasonable nor productive. If you were able to do something you considered revenge, it would be short-lived at best and cause for shame and guilt at worst.

Your parents are wrong. If this woman has done nothing to you or them then this campaign of hate is just wrong. Revenge? For what? Leaving a man she could no longer live with? Really?

By the way in your other post you said the Uncle was an alcoholic. I can almost guarantee you that if he was, then there were things that happened in that marriage that you and your parents never got to hear about and they were not good things either. If she left him because of that, then that is between them.

Abandoning your cousins because of this petty feud of your parents is sad, really sad. They are still family, and will always be.

We do have a few divorces in our family and none of those Exs would have ever been treated the way you and your parents want to treat the Ex Aunty. They are still family by being the parent of our nieces and nephews, and because of that are still family to us as well. We see them at Christmas and other celebrations with their kids and we are glad that they are willing to do that too.

This is insane. Stop trying to plot more problems for your dysfunctional family. Be the better person and have your Footprints be the ones on the high road and stop this madness. Your parents want to use you to hurt somebody else? That's crazy. And the fact that they want to sacrifice you to have sex as Revenge is incredibly ridiculous. This cockamamie idea goes to show how desperate your parents are to use you in their fight.

I feel really sorry for you. This story is pathetic. You don't get revenge. The best revenge is to live well and that stoop to disgusting levels. Where on Earth is your self-respect?

Look, you don't know the whole story - how can you? You only "know" what people have told you. People can be prone to exaggeration, can't we. so personally I would keep out of any arguments and avoid any idea of revenge. You never know it might turn round and bite you back!

Obedient children should never think for themselves, and should maintain their parents' tastes and dislikes.