Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Is this a lame explanation?

I am atheist and i was conversation with a Christian apologist on instagram.

I asked him if he has any evidence that God exists.Then he was like can i prove that i exist?I was like i know i do because I'm typing.Then he was like maybe a monkey is tying something.Then i was like i can come to your city and meet you.Then he was like how do i know if I'm meeting for real or is it a dream,or a part of vedio game or a part of someone elses thoughts.

Favorite Answer

It's the typical horseSiht nonsense babbling you get from christers.

Sounds like a conversation with WolfTurds or NCWJ...

• Paul

If the fact that hundreds of millions of intelligent people know Him and live in daily relationship and communications with Him isn't evidence enough for you, then you just aren't a rational person.

• Dubbs

It's not just lame, but stupid. It's a petty responce.

But I'm only hearing half the conversation here.Christian's can be very protective of their faith and when they feel threatened, some will lash out with nonsensical comments because the fact that life exists is not proof enough to justify God. They could at least point to miracles such as Fatima as evidence of God, but the majority of them don't even know their own history.However, Atheists can be very stubborn when it comes to matters of faith because they have none. They can be intolerant of other people's beliefs and try to stake a claim that God does not exist as if there's some personal vendetta there.I'm not an atheist,  but nor am I a Christian. I don't have a religion as philosophy works just fine for me. But God could exist as a matter of faith. By definition, proof would revoke any concept of faith as there is a difference between knowing and believing. So what good is faith without a suitable alternative?

It's redundant for a Christian and Atheist to argue over such matters, neither will convince the other as people will only change their beliefs when they're ready. The argument is only happening out of pure spite.

It's ok to have a discussion over certain beliefs, but as long as each party respects the other's beliefs. No offense, but most atheists I've talked to completely lack the respect for someone else's different view. So it often results into a heated argument that solves nothing.

Is it possible the Christian you spoke to with such ludicrous remarks felt threatened and disrespected by something you said?

• Jim V

Go back and recheck your conversation. 

Did you ask him for “evidence” or for “proof”?

Either way you can still put the conversation back on track by saying something like: 

Hey, set proof aside and let’s discuss evidences for God. 

If he is an evidential apologist he should be able to enter that discussion. 

If he has a presupposition approach... not so much.  (Which could where he is coming from. )

Yeah...like...that's pretty lame.

• Papa-G

Here's a web site that will answer your questions with the Bible.

jw.org

• yes dear, you had lame explanations.

• Jea

They are stumped by the most simple questions.

Because they have no good answer, some lame thing like that is always offered.

It makes no sense, and doesn't make their point, but they hope it will distract you from the fact they have no answer.

It is all a silly game or trick of treat.  Sign up or else!  Their only REAL message.

• Petter

Lamest ever and typical religious "reasoning" if you ask me...

Yes, that is very lame.