Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSkin Conditions · 1 month ago

What could be causing my sexual health problems and what should I do about it?

This will be kind of graphic, but I’m going to get straight to the point here because I need help. I’m a 19 yo female and I have a number of possible sexual health issues, including cracked nipples, a mole cluster located on the edge of my pubic mound by my thigh, flesh colored bumps around the rim of my vagina on either side that don’t hurt but sometimes itch, and what appear to be hemorrhoids. I have not gone to a doctor for these issues even though I plan to at some point, but it’s really embarrassing and I’m not even sure what kind of doctor to go to or if I can afford it. I’ve had some of these problems for years, but it was always way too awkward to bring up around my parents and I couldn’t just go to the doctor by myself as a kid. My mom does know about the mole cluster because I’ve had it for as long as I can remember, ever since I was a little kid. I noticed the cracked nipples when I was around 12, and most of what I’ve seen online about it is targeted for breastfeeding moms but that couldn’t be the cause for me, so I’m not sure what to think about it. I only noticed the other problems more recently, but I may have had them for years and just not realized yet. Anyways, I’m wondering if this is something to be really concerned about or what the causes could be. I’ve never had sex or even come close, mainly because I’m way too insecure due to all of these issues I have, so  none of them should be caused by an STD or anything. But then why do I have SO many problems?

Sound like totally unrelated problems most having nothing to do with sexual health.

1. Cracked nipples. Caused by dry skin. Possibly irritated by the fabric of your bra or your laundry detergent. Try applying a small amount of pure (unscented) lanolin twice a day.

2.Mole cluster you have had all your life. Birth mark. Not a problem. Can chose to have surhically removed but is purely for cosmetic reasons.

3. Flesh coloured bumps that occasionally itch. Coulb just be normal for you. Could be harmless skin tags. Could be irritation from your underwear. Could be some infection you have picked up. The only way to know is to ask your doctor.

4. Hemorrhoids. Generally a result of constipation and straining. More fibre and more water in your diet shoud assist.