Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentCivic Participation · 1 month ago

Do you think someone worth $20 million dollars only donating 25 - 50 thousand dollars spread across 40 charities is fair & balanced?

Seems someone worth $20 million dollars should be donating a hell of a lot more then 25 - 50 thousand dollars across 40 charities solely because they pledged to donate 1 million dollars to charities. Wow, you have $19 million dollars left...for Ferraris, diamond watches, planes, diamond studded swimming pools, gold plated Humvees, etc. you don't need.

Do you think a sports trophy should be allowed to cost 316 million dollars?

Someones net worth is not how much money someone has to burn or even how much money they have in the bank and any money donated is a good thing. Lets not s**t on people because we think they could donate more. That's not encouraging then to donate more. That's encouraging them to donate less. If I donated money and everyone got pissed at me I would be less willing to do it again.

You got links showing that trophy is worth that much? I googled it and found it costs $15,000. Still a lot but nowhere near 316 million. 

• AJ

Just because one is worth 20 million doesn't mean one has 20 million just lying around. And 20 million is not that much. You talk about watches and planes. A brand new Gulfstream runs about $60 million.

You have zero concept of the term of wealth. Wealth is not the same as money.

Definition of Wealth: Total value of all assets - total amount of debt

Yes I am on a Pension and have House insurance

as a serviceman, i was disgusted with Australian Charities

the Cyclon Tracy where the Town was evacuated they Promised every resident would share in the Donations

the Military GOT NOTHING and they also lost everything so when I Give I always hold back civilians only stab me in the Back once

I helped with Bushfires whilst in the RAAF still waiting for a card to the RAAF base saying Thank you the only thanks I got was as an RFS Volunteer helped Civilians with Wagga Wagga Floods got abused

I also remember what the International red cross did and one of the legacy branches in AU they had No Need on their Books so spent the Donations all of them on new drapes and Painting and Furniture after the Enquiry apologised for not asking the other Branches if they needed help

today Motto is be ware of organised Charities some take 63% in every dollar I have had Problems with a Large animal Charity a $20 AU donation one year somehow got changed to $20 AU and sent to the USA Four days of trying to get an answer or a receipt for the 2 years of Donations

• if people want More Money don't take 63 cents in every dollar to run the Charity

• Cathy

Yes, I do, and I would. But if it is their money they have a right to do what they want with it. They say the rich are rich because they are tight with money. 

I don't even know how a sports trophy could cost 316 million. Is it encrusted with diamonds?

• Jason

What trophy cost that amount of money??    The gold world cup is only about £15m  So I cant imagine what the thing your on about must be.

• Jason
      1 month agoReport

I think you have that really wrong....   No trophy could ever be justified at costing that amount of money.