Crissy asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

Why all of a sudden does my Blue Nose look upward and moves her head from side to side? The only way to describe it would be she looks like ?

Stevie Wonder? It has only been going on for about a week now. At first we thought it was because of the wind from the box fan we have because that was the only place that we noticed it. The 2 days ago we saw her doing it in her bed. She will be a year old next month. She has also recently started chasing her tail. 

SEE YOUR VET!  Not sure about it being a stoke (not only rare in canines, but they are normally much like what is seen in humans; affecting only 1 side of the body) but it could be neurological and could be either an ear/balance issue OR an UNUSUAL type of partial  or (MORE LIKELY) a PSYCHOMOTOR seizure.  The tail chasing may or (may not be) a separate issue, but should be MENTIONED.

Read more on TYPES of seizures here:

http://www.canine-epilepsy-guardian-angels.com/sit...

I'd have said it was stroke, but at under a year old?   I think it's time to involve your vet.   Chasing her tail isn't necessary connected.