Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 4 weeks ago

Can i enlist in the marines?

Hi, i have a question on whether i can join the USMC. When i was 16 years old i had many issues with my dad and the police were called and i was taken and i was asked if i wanted to go home or if there was any place that i could go. I didnt wanna go home and had no place to go so, i was placed in a mental institution. Then they said i had bipolar disorder. I got out a week later and the issues with my dad happened again and i was taken and this time i didnt wanna go to the hospital so i had to be put in against my will. Years went by and ive been seeing a doctor and i did a psych test that proved that i wasnt bipolar and now i have been off the bipolar meds for about 3 months. No issues at all. My dad left and ive been doing very well. I am now 20 years old in university a junior majoring in bio on a pre dentistry track. Ive always wanted to join the marines and ive read online that if you are on meds then u cant join or if u are diagnosed with bipolar then u cant join. BUT i was wrongfully diagnosed and im not on meds. So is there any way i can be allowed into the marines? This has been on my mind and a dream for a long time. I havent really told anyone about this so then i thought... whats better than asking strangers for advice. Im sorry if this was long i would really appreciate some insight. If you are currently in the marines or know a recruiter then plz help me find out what i can do. Thank you so much in advance

You are DQ, because of the time you spent in the mental hospitals, there is no way around it or exceptions.  

• Mrsjvb

never.  PDQ no waivers authorized for the inpatient mental health stay.  

No, PDQed.....move on.

You will be rejected. Get a job.