promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 2 months ago

What do you think of tougher sentences for terrorists following the atrocities of Usman Khan. Are they sufficient to deal with these savages?

BBC News - Terrorism laws to get tougher within weeks, government vows

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51178840

Update:

Anonymous sympathisers. If you blocked me don't answer. That's rude. 

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Muslim Terrorists/paedophiles  should spend at least 50 years in Prison whilst their extended family is deported No matter where they are Born

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Execution would be better.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

They should be given life sentences with no parole, solitary confinement and hard labour instead of pandering to their whims.

• 2 months ago

I’ve no objection to tough sentences for those convicted, but very few of these people embark on terrorist activities believing they will get caught, or believing if they do they can die in an act of what they believe is martyrdom. Tougher sentences will not act as a deterrent.

More work needs to be put into preventing the radicalisation of young people by Islamic and far-right extremists, and that means spending money on policing to apprehend offenders, and young people’s and probation services to deal with minor offenders before they become serious offenders. But that’s not a vote winner, is it? So we’ll just get Priti Patel hoodwinking the gullible public with false promises of stiffer sentences, where the law already allows for very long prison terms.

• ...Show all comments
    • Mr Sceptic
      Lv 5
      2 months agoReport

That’s rubbish. Most of the cannon fodder these scum use are stupid, impressionable youngsters, and can be changed. Some can’t. It’s interesting that you suddenly care about the feelings of “ordinary prisoners” - rapists, sex pests, violent thugs, thieves. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

There are not enough police and probation officers to keep track of potential terrorists. 

• Lv 5
      2 months agoReport

Then hang them. Problem solved. 

• Biff
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

If Khan's original indeterminate sentence imposed in 2012 had been left to stand he would still have been in prison and due for release this year only if that was considered safe. Even on release the police would have kept tabs on him. The judge at the time said the indeterminate sentence was required to protect the public as Khan had a “serious long-term plan” and "a commitment to terrorism" and he would probably have been detained for a lot longer than eight year minuimum.

At the time of Khan's appeal, indeterminate sentences had been brought into disrepute by judges misapplying them to criminals who did not present an enduring threat and his appeal was successful. It was the Tories who abandoned indeterminate sentences completely. Personally, I would like to see indeterminate sentences reintroduced, alongside the other measures proposed, for terrorists and other criminals like psychopaths who present an enduring threat.

• Lv 5
      2 months agoReport

I agree to a point so have a TU. But, as you mentioned, the system was abused by judges so needed to be abandoned. An automatic starting point of fourteen years without parole for terrorists seems logical to me and will stop stupid judges giving indeterminate sentences for less serious offences. 

• 2 months ago

Excellent article from the BBC, especially the quote from Robert Buckland, Justice Secretary.

"The far-right are a factor as well. We deal with many facets of extremism in our prisons."

About time these hate merchants were clamped down on, really hard.

• Lv 5
      2 months agoReport

I'm not excluding far-right terrorism, but it's telling that you divert the spotlight from Islamic lunatics such as Usman Khan and Lee Rigby's killers.. Far-right terrorists are only a small percentage of the prison population compared to Muslim terrorists and you know it. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

It doesn't go far enough.  Even though as a general rule I don't believe in the death penalty commonsense exceptions have to be made.  In Khan's case he was caught planning an act of mass murder therefore he was too dangerous to be allowed to live. I know the death penalty has the effect of brutalising society but importing people from savage third cultures brutalises society too.

• Lv 5
      2 months agoReport

Good answer that deserves a BA, but your use of the word "savage" will get the left wing trolls claiming you're my sockpuppet account! 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Khan had already served a long sentence and passed the de-radicalisation programme.  So not sure more of what has already not worked will do any good. 

Source(s): Chat violation, this is not a chat forum. Ask your question, get an answer and try to have some manners.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Shutting the door after the horse has bolted but fine if it calms a gullible public then fine. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.