A random woman started talking to me about her private life at a medical clinic. Unusual?

Today I went to a medical clinic for an x-ray appointment. Afterwards, as I left the clinic and walked to the lifts, I heard a voice from behind me: "I love the pom keyring on your bag"

I turned, and there was a woman - another paitent - who was leaving the clinic as well, and going to the lifts like me.

I thanked her, and as we both waited for the lifts, she talked about her own bag decor. Then she started talking to me about her plans for the rest of the day - going to the library, buying DVDs.

She then commented about her age and where has life gone, and that her father passed away four years ago. I just nodded, said "yeah" randomly and smiled at her and said some comments myself.

Then we parted ways, and I returned home.

Of course, it's human nature to socialise. But was this woman a little unusual for confiding in a stranger about her personal life? I mean no harm, but still it's a bit unusual?

No, not unusual at all. Often times I have other people do the same to me. I believe there are those who are often lonely, and have no one to talk to. Maybe they have lost someone dear in their life, and are just looking for a friendly face to smile and talk with. When I encounter someone like that, I just lend them my ear. You don't have to give personal details of your life. Sometimes an ear is all they need to help stay connected to this life and hold on. Remember, you never know what someone is going through in their life. Maybe you could be helping that persons' mental well-being just by smiling, listening and talking with them. God Bless.