Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

Why won't my dog listen to me?

I own a Red Heeler named Trixie. She goes her own way. I tell her to eat her food from her bowl. She always shakes her head and swipes food off the table.

Why won't she do what I say?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Tell or INSIST!!?   There is a difference.   Until it's YOU who runs your home, this will continue.  When there's food around, that's not her food, remove her (or the food from her reach). 

The 'won't do what you want' is because she hasn't learnt that to live a happy life with you, she needs to learn her boundaries.   And only you can correct what's going on and when in the act!  She has to be able to understand what you are asking.

I don't know anything about this breed's traits, but if you are getting 'stubborn', then you have to change your approach to training.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Give much time to your dog. Train her with love and try to understand what he wants to say or do . If you train her with love she will must be listen you.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Because she hasn’t been trained.

• 1 month ago

If you have not trained & conditioned her to respond to commands, she don't know what you are saying. It is just the sound you make as a human & no association to anything. The dog has had NO training. Cause you haven't trained her. Your fault, 100%.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

A Heeler is very intelligent. Easy to train. So, what's your problem? You should've trained her as a pup. Habits are hard to break.

• 1 month ago

Yet again, the guy talking about his "Red Heeler named Trixie". Just two months ago, that same dog died after vomiting blood.

• https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20191129014907AAQavnU

• 1 month ago

Lack of the correct training and occupation. heelers are not the ideal pet they need to be able to work off their high energy. hence they make great herders, but not pets. As their working trait  is being ignored by the idiot that owns them as a non working pet dog

Attachment image
    Source(s): just an ole shepherd and his working dogs
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.