Prince Charles had a secret meeting with Edward VIII.Likely Charles wanted to get out of family Succession.Is Harry following in family path?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Before the Duke of Windsor’s death, Charles went to France to visit his great uncle with whom he shared the incestuous blood royal. He likely sought advice from his great uncle on how to renounce the throne. That advice will serve him well when he has to renounce the throne when his mother dies. He must do so in order to save the monarchy by letting William succeed Elizabeth II. 

As to Harry, he is more like his mother and seeks a less formal life where he can still make a difference yet not be confined to the stifling courtiers, the uptight royal family members, and the merciless UK tabloid press. 

• ...Show all comments
    • The Duke of Windsor was his great uncle; the older brother of his grandpa, and was an historical figure.   Charles cares for family, he was curious, felt kindly, and wanted to spend special "alone" time with the man who had been King.  Why push conspiracy?  They are mostly a very normal family.     

• Login to reply the answers
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Please don't be silly!  Charles didn't have a "secret meeting" with Edward VIII. King Edward VIII died on May 28, 1972.  

In May 1972, Charles accompanied his mother (the Queen) to Paris to visit the Queen's uncle and Charles' great-uncle Edward VIII 10 days before he died of throat cancer.  

Charles couldn't have talked with Edward VIII about anything at that point. Edward was unable to speak.

• Don't YOU be silly!   Charles was visiting the Duke (his great uncle)  and noticed how weak he was getting.   It was Charles who urged his mother to make the trip to Paris.   (Nobody else could.)     Please we don't get anywhere by pushing false narratives.   

• 1 month ago

Harry doesn’t need to get out of the succession, he’s too far removed now to have to worry about it, and Charles could but hasn’t. I don’t see why Charles would need Uncle David’s help. All he has to do is renounce it.

• 1 month ago

what is this secret meeting he Used to Visit the Duke every month whilst the Duke lived as many fo the Royals did Including Prince Phillip

I worked on the Queens flight and met most of the Royals

• ...Show all comments
    • most of the Trips were after 2000 hrs and back before 0600 and all in Helicopters I fitted the Landing Flares

In the Summer we provided We being the RAF cold drinks and winter Soup and it was good to see Royals Dangling teabags in a cup and watching the Duke playing Darts

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • PAMELA
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Charles met edward when edward was dying from throat cancer, that is the only reason he went.

• he visited the Duke every Month on the quite and made very few public visits as not to Upset his grandmother

• Rico
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

It wasn't  a secret meeting, just a private meeting which was kept private.  

• 1 month ago

Harry is Alissa whipped moron who answer to the pressure of too much publicity is to go Hollywood.

If they are moving to a Canada why don’t they say they are moving to Canada. There is no country called NorthbAmerics.

Vancouver is just a stepping stone

• Canada is in North America o is alaska and the USA

• I would imagine that if the meeting had taken place, it would have been so the Duke of Windsor could plead his case for rehabilitation, perhaps seeing whether Prince Charles could persuade his mother to let him back in. I don't believe Prince Charles has ever considered giving up his place in the line of succession. It's what he lives for. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

That sounds very unlikely 

• stephen1 month agoReport

Just look at all the other answers - including one who worked on the Queen's flight.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Seeing how the Duke of Windsor ended up ought to have persuaded Charles that it would not be a good course to follow. He met him in 1971, when the Duke was ill. (He met him again with his parents a little later, shortly before the Duke's death.) I see no parallels with Harry, whose chances of succession are extremely remote. Harry's situation is more like that of Margaret who may well have regretted not following her heart.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.