Kevin asked in TravelCruise Travel · 4 weeks ago

Is the I-551 stamp on a passport acceptable for carnival cruise?

My girlfriend lost her green card and her passport expired! 🙄

We started the new green card process, which takes longer time then we have until the cruise. So we're getting her passport renewed and getting the I-551 stamp. We are going to the Eastern Caribbean, all U.S. territory. The lady from Carnival said DHS does all the checks and she didnt know what they accepted. A lady from DHS said it is acceptable but she didn't sound too confident. I'd feel more comfortable if I heard form someone or someone who has known someone it has worked for.

Thank you all for your answers. My buddy and I both called DHS at the same time and asked and the both answered the same. The I-551 stamp will be accepted. But I will let you all know after the cruise how all went. 

• Mrsjvb

she needs a CURRENT valid government-issued ID that accurately represents her true status.  without her green card she may very well be denied  reentry back into the states.. or denied boarding  altogether

Getting answers from strangers on the internet is not a good way to go about getting the actual answer.  You may get personal anecdotes but you definitely need to get the answer from DHS and maybe her embassy - the fact that you don't feel comfortable with the answer from them only shows that seeking one from the interweb is not a good idea