Alex asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

Would it be a bad idea to quit my building apprenticeship while I'm already 2 years through which is about halfway?

I am really not enjoying building at all. Every day I wake up dreading work because I just find it so boring and not interesting. I am literally checking the time constantly throughout the day just hoping I'm close to finishing. I didn't even want to do it in the first place I just did because I had no idea what else to do and I definitely don't want to build for the rest of my life.

I want to do industrial abseiling and my friend said he can get me a job easy plus they get paid more than builders do.

Should I just stick it out then do something else or should I just quit?

It's always good to have a certificate - not just to fall back on, but also because whatever certificate (degree, etc.) you have shows that you have what it takes to complete a program. Whatever program it is/was, it is a second and powerful thing to be able to show that you CAN complete a program.