TAXES NEED HELP?

I typed out all information on TurboTax all the way up to the end but, couldn't figure out my AGI. So I decided to go back to H&R where I did it last year and I finished it all up and sent my taxes in for review. Is this going to be an issue getting accepted because I had typed all the information out on TurboTax but didn't quite finish?

PLEASE HELP (I tried clearing with the tool thing but it said---)

"" You cannot clear your return. 

Once you register your tax return, or pay any TurboTax fees, we can no longer clear and start over ""

need answers

Like its taking forever to get them accepted by state and federal.... 

Get paper forms and a pencil (not a pen--you will want the eraser) and start to work it out.

• Eva

It's taking forever because the IRS is not accepting efiling until January 27.

It was asking for last years AGI from when you filed your 2018 tax returns.  If you didn't finish then you didn't FILE.  If you did file without the last years AGI info you will get an error notice when they start accepting returns.  Sounds like you may need to print your last years return & start over, or hire someone to do your taxes.

In your question you say you couldn't remember your AGI - I assume you mean last year's AGI since that is often used as your e-file pin number. Then in a comment you say you backed out because Turbo Tax wanted you to pay.

Either way though, your taxes were not filed through Turbo Tax, so it will have no impact on the return you submitted through H&R Block. Turbo Tax might not let you clear your data from their system, but they can't and won't submit your tax return until you instruct them to by finishing the process. So it will just sit there incomplete on their server forever, which is fine because the IRS will get your actual return from H&R.

The reason its taking so long to be accepted is because the IRS isn't accepting electronic returns until January 27th this year. So even though you filed and completed everything with H&R, they are holding your return until the 27th when the IRS will switch on the 2019 e-file system.

H&R Block will transmit your return on the 27th and you should get a notification that it was accepted by the IRS within 24-48 hours.

So basically give it until January 29th and if you still don't have notification of it being accepted ask H&R block to help you double check the status.

SO long as you did not already file, doesn't matter at all.

No. Its nothing until you pay and finish.  I hope you are using a freefile version rather than paying.

• Never
      1 month agoReport

If you start at the IRS site, it will list all the different freefile providers, their varying qualifications and links.  They vary somewhat but generally anyone with income below whatever $65k is free.