Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 4 weeks ago

Successful alternatives for self harm? ?

I’m a 24 year old female & went back to bad ways I stopped doing after life got better...I recently lost a loved one again, a lot of **** has gone down and bruising myself is the only release that’s helping me with pain right now. It just really helps with emotions I can’t handle. I don’t know if there are other ways to release pain successfully. I mean it’s not actual self harm it’s just brushing on my arms, legs, chest, and abdominal area...not cutting or anything so..

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Please read the customer reviews for this book, How to Survive the Loss of a Love.

https://www.amazon.com/Survive-Loss-Love-Peter-McW...

This book got the highest rating in the chapter on grief in Authoritative Guide to Self-Help Therapies, which rates books based on polls of more than 3,000 professionals.

Another good book - Freedom from Self-Harm: Overcoming Self-Injury with Skills from DBT and Other Treatments

This book has been endorsed by Marsha Linehan, who created DBT, the best treatment for borderline personality disorder, which has serious self-injury as a frequent symptom.

If you go to the Amazon ad, you'll see that readers GREATLY appreciate this book.

Although grief is not the same as depression it can lead to depression. I suggest taking a screening test for depression online, such as CESD R. 

There's a lot of things that can help with depression and a big advantage in having a professional who knows how to use them. I've answered a lot of depression questions, with advice from experts -.info about the standard treatments and self-help. You're welcome to click and read. 

• Login to reply the answers
  • Petter
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Fill your bath tub with ice cold water and ice? It's gonna hurt, but not harm you (unless you stay in too long)

• Weed ni‎‎‎g‎ga hahahahaha FWOOOOO SMOKE UP

I'm high as sh‎i‎t and and everything feels great.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.