Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 4 weeks ago

Successful alternatives for self harm? ?

I’m a 24 year old female & went back to bad ways I stopped doing after life got better...I recently lost a loved one again, a lot of **** has gone down and bruising myself is the only release that’s helping me with pain right now. It just really helps with emotions I can’t handle. I don’t know if there are other ways to release pain successfully. I mean it’s not actual self harm it’s just brushing on my arms, legs, chest, and abdominal area...not cutting or anything so..

Please read the customer reviews for this book, How to Survive the Loss of a Love.

https://www.amazon.com/Survive-Loss-Love-Peter-McW...

This book got the highest rating in the chapter on grief in Authoritative Guide to Self-Help Therapies, which rates books based on polls of more than 3,000 professionals.

Another good book - Freedom from Self-Harm: Overcoming Self-Injury with Skills from DBT and Other Treatments

This book has been endorsed by Marsha Linehan, who created DBT, the best treatment for borderline personality disorder, which has serious self-injury as a frequent symptom.

If you go to the Amazon ad, you'll see that readers GREATLY appreciate this book.

Although grief is not the same as depression it can lead to depression. I suggest taking a screening test for depression online, such as CESD R. 

There's a lot of things that can help with depression and a big advantage in having a professional who knows how to use them. I've answered a lot of depression questions, with advice from experts -.info about the standard treatments and self-help. You're welcome to click and read. 

• Petter

Fill your bath tub with ice cold water and ice? It's gonna hurt, but not harm you (unless you stay in too long)

• Weed ni‎‎‎g‎ga hahahahaha FWOOOOO SMOKE UP

I'm high as sh‎i‎t and and everything feels great.