drake asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 4 weeks ago

Let’s say I lose 143 calories after 30 minutes on the treadmill. If I do this every other day for a month, how much weight will I have lost?

Given I eat at an average rate. I’m a male.

• kelvin

that would be nothing.......

Weight loss is 80% about what you eat, 20% about exercise. So if you want to lose weight find yourself a weight loss plan that works for you.

And keep exercising because it's very good for you. Helps to keep your strength and tones your muscles.

• Chris

If you only burn 143 calories after 30 mins on a treadmill then you may as well not bother with it. You won't lose anything. I can burn well over 1000 on the treadmill in 60 mins. Your effort is laughable.

• Eva

3500 calories = 1 pound. 143 calories x 15 days = 2145 calories. You're going to have to do more and eat less to notice any significant weight loss.

3500 calories per lb, so 15 x 143 is 2145, which means you will have lost less than one lb, all other things being equal.

It depends on several things

1- Amount of calories you intake

2- Types of calories you intake

3. Amount of daily sugar consumption

I would say you'll lose anywhere from .5 to 2 pounds per week if you do 30 minutes of cardio per week.

• Petter

143 x 15 = 2 145 calories. If you take one day a month and eat nothing (0) calories that day and only drink water, it will have virtually the same (low) effect.

So depending on your current weight, you will lose about half a pound (250 g) a month.

There’s so many other factors that go into a person’s weight that lightly jogging for 30 minutes every other day is barely a factor