Which branch of the military should I join?

I'm open to joining any branch but I want to pick the one that fits my ideal lifestyle.

-I would like to be stationed overseas and travel alot.

-I dont want a desk job full of paperwork.

-I plan on making the military a life long career.

-I would want a job being a Fireman/Guard/Cop/Drone Pilot something of that caliber.

I'd appreciate some veterans/currently enlisted soldiers thoughts on this, Thanks in advance!

• Mrsjvb

overseas and travel is Army or Navy.  

all mid-career( E6-E9) will have butt tons of paperwork to deal with. all Warrants and all Officers as well.  that being said, they decide how long you get to stay in.   and 90% never do more than one contract of 4-6 Years Active Dutyadditionally, 98% of all firefighters in the military are civilian contractors.  there are no 'cops' in the military either. they are Force Protection which is nothing like being a civilian LEO.  95% of all gate Guards are also civilian contractors.  drone pilots are officers.  and the AF has most of those.  

your ASVAB line scores ( and other factors such as normal color vision and depth perception) determine what jobs you are qualified to do.   needs of the Branch dictate what you are offered.  

• Bill-M

Stationed overseas and travel. Then the Navy is for you. As for Jobs, they have just about anything you can think of. High tech to low tech and everything in between. In the Navy a cop would be the Master At Arms Rating. Fireman on board Ship would be Damage Control Man. And there is a whole bunch of other Ratings you can get into. HOWEVER, Which ever branch you pick you have to PASS the ASVAB Written Exam and Pass the Physical fitness test.

The ASVAB Test will first determine if you can even enlist (AFQT results) and then the Total Score will determine which jobs you can apply for.

• k w

the Navy...........

It all depends on the job you get. The Marines have far fewer paper pusher jobs than the other services. The USAF has the lowest percentage of those who actually go out and fight.