Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationAircraft · 1 month ago

Ok so me being the dumbash I am decided to have fun in my car after a fresh snow fall so I put the car in reverse and floored it cranked it ?

Then I proceeded to yoink the ebrake so I’ve basically done a 180 at this point then my car shuts off so I have to press the brakes shift it into park and restart my car but it struggles to start even though it normally doesn’t and it’s a brand new car so y’all car guys need to explain how bad this is for my car or something oh and the battery light comes on so If im taming a guess it’s probably messing with the alternator or just ruining the alternator 

13 Answers

Relevance
  • zipper
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

TYLER!  You flooded the engine, your lucky it restated at all.  And why in hell is this fun to you? That was very foolish to do!

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Likely the battery shifted under the hood and may be touching something metal causing a parasitic drain. Batteries usually don't get a lot of mechanical support and can slide easily in their trays. 

• Sammy
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Please learn the importance of throttle control.

• CB
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If it is a new car take it to the dealer - should still be under warranty and they have no way of knowing you were jerking it around in the snow.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Cranked it. What does that mean? Sounds like you wrecked it. Call a mechanic and have him fix it and then sell it. You are a menace to society and should use public transportation to protect yourself and the people around you.

• audrey
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Even an old lady like me knows better than to do that. Intentional damage like that may not be covered. Take a pile of cash to the dealers with you.

• 1 month ago

My guess is that you have damaged an engine sensor. If the car still won't start or starts and stall out as soon as you try to put it in gear. You'll need to have it towed to the dealership, assuming it is still under warranty.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It would be easier if you just went to the hospital instead and had a new brain installed. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Do you have a check engine light on? If there is, then you should attach a scan tool to it. It's most likely a MAF (mass air flow) sensor malfunction. But that's just a guess, the actual engine code will tell you.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Go to a hospital and get your head examined.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.