Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 month ago

I was fired for theft. How would I answer a question about my previous employment to a new employer?

My manager said I can use him as reference since we’re still on good terms and he understands it was a dumb mistake on my part. 

For those who have gotten a job after fired for something similar, how did you get the job?

Theft is one of the biggest problems when trying to get a job. Who wants to hire someone who stole from a previous job. I don't know how to answer your question seriously.

• Tavy

Do not mention you were fired, just say you wanted a different challenge.

Tell the truth.

I haven't been sacked for theft but I have been for being drunk. Anyway in those situations go to a temp agency, they won't care what happened before, even if they ask they won't check, then while you are doing that look for something permanent and the reason that you want to leave is you want something permanent. If it ends before you get another interview, well it ended because it was temporary and you're a good boy. Like me with a halo....

No clue.  I've never stolen something from work.