Pc question?

I have a i3 4130 and a geforce gtx 1650 oc low profile 4gb ddr5 video card can i play cod modern warfare with these specs i have 8gb of ram too

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Minimum specs are at either 1280x720 or 1366x768. You can go lower than that if you want to. There are videos on youtube of people playing modern games with hardware that is well below the minimum requirements such as Integrated graphics, the GT 1030, and/or an old CPU. The minimum requirements are often overstated.

There are things you can do to help improve Gameplay such as turning off unneeded background tasks, making sure all web browsers are closed, setting the CPU usage to a high priority (affinity) for the game, enabling Threaded optimization in NCP, etc. 

Even with modern games, 4 CPU threads are getting long in the tooth. If you're going to upgrade then make it a 4th Generation Core i7 or a Xeon E3-1230 v3 or better since these processors can handle 8 threads thanks to Hyperthreading. Otherwise, it might be a smarter idea to upgrade the motherboard, CPU and the RAM to a newer platform like AMD's Ryzen. 

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Here's the Rundown

>>> Processor <<<

YOU HAVE: Intel Core i3-4130

YOU NEED: Intel Core i3-4340

Verdict: UPGRADE RECOMMENDED -- The difference between your processor & the minimum requirement is ~6% off in overall performance...  so you COULD scrape by, but be prepared for some extended loading times & potential processing stutter in high-action sequences, even when you crank everything down to the lowest settings.

>>> Graphics Card <<<

YOU HAVE: GTX 1650

YOU NEED: GTX 670 / GTX 1650

Verdict: MINIMUM ACHIEVED -- Writing on system requirements is a little confusing, even on Activision's website, but your card does hit the minimum requirements noted.

>>> RAM <<<

YOU HAVE: 8 GB's

YOU NEED: 8 GB's

Verdict: MINIMUM ACHIEVED -- While 12 GB's is recommended, 8 GB's is all you need to run it.

>>> OVERALL VERDICT <<<

UPGRADE RECOMMENDED -- As noted above, your processor is just under the minimum requirements, so you could play with some performance compromises (like less than 50 / 60 FPS w/ occasional performance dips).  If you can afford it, consider upgrading at least the processor (to like a Core i5-4690, to stay in the same architecture) to comfortably get slightly above the minimum recommendations.

While it's ultimately your choice on how you want to proceed, I hope this sheds some light on the subject.

• 1 month ago

You have a 6-year-old processor that's meant for people to run web browsers and e-mail.  It likely is not going to run a modern game.

• 1 month ago

probably, its not gonna be pretty tho

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.