promotion image of download ymail app

I paid someone cash to make me a piece jewelry which was never made. ?

If I paid someone in full for a product that was never made, is there anything I can do about it? This purchase was made in cash and I have a written receipt for it. I purchased this at a business ran by only one person. The person who owns the business is not picking up my calls or answering my text messages. I know it was stupid to pay for this piece of jewelry up front, in full and in cash but I’ve dealt with this person before. He’s made me jewelry in the past. What should my next step be?

3 Answers

    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    Give them once last chance, then sue them in small claims court for your money, tell them that is what you will do unless you get your money back, i would not want the jewelry now.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

    Have you tried to contact this person by letter or face-to-face, to find out what the hangup might be?  

    If you're fortunate, there will be a reason for the delay, which you and he or she can proceed to work out.   No need to assume the worst.

    • Haley2 months agoReport

      You’re right ☺️

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    It might be helpful to know the amount of money you're talking about and where in the world you might be.

    • Haley2 months agoReport

      I live in Tulsa Oklahoma. I was molded for a new grill because my purse got stolen a few days before Christmas which had my old one in it. The new piece was 200$ total which is on the cheap side but again I had recently gotten my purse stolen. 

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.