Are gays fully accepted in the U.S.?

I 'am Chinese. And I am gay.

Most people in my country choose a neutral attitude towards gay people, neither support nor oppose.

Most of the time they choose to ignore the differences of gay people and treat them like normal people.

But few gays choose to come out of the closet due to pressure from parents and society. (Among the gay people I know, only one have come out.)

However, same-sex marriage is already legal in the U.S. In this context, I want to know the attitude of Americans towards gay people.

The above are some of my ideas.

AND THE FOLLOWING ARE MY QUESTIONS.

1. Are gay people willing to come out in the US?

2. What is the attitude of parents towards their gay children?

3. Although same-sex marriage is legal, faced with social pressure, are there many gays who are determined to get married? I guess few people have made up their minds.

4. What do ordinary people think of gay?

For example, do people feel quite unnatural when they see two men holding hands in pubic?(In my country, the older generation completely cannot accept such things. They think this is abnormal. The younger generation can only accept such thins slightly. That is, young people are just not verbally opposed to gay, but not fully accepted.)

Since I have only studied English for a few years, there must be a lot of grammar errors and strange expressions in the passages.

• A.J.
    Favorite Answer

GLBTQ in the USA is generally accepted, but still faces discrimination in some places and varies about parents and religion. It is accepted enough that Pete Buttigieg is one of the top 4 contenders for Democrat Party nomination for President. He is a Harvard ad Oxford educated, gay, married, left handed Episcopal Christian, piano an guitar player, of Maltese heritage, speaker of 7 languages, former Mayor of South Bend, Indiana, 38 years old yesterday.

1. Are gay people willing to come out in the US?- Yes, but much more true in cities.2. What is the attitude of parents towards their gay children?- Most accept it, some very supportive, some try to "fix" the problem, some throw them out3. Although same-sex marriage is legal, faced with social pressure, are there many gays who are determined to get married? I guess few people have made up their minds.- Gay couples who wish to marry, marry. Straight heterosexual who wish to marry, marry. Those that do not, do not. 4. What do ordinary people think of gay? Gay is also ordinary. Sexual preference does not define a person. I think about 60% now agree with this. The rest do not.

With exception, cities and people that accept diversity accept it in all its forms.

Your English is fine. Taiwan is further along in GLBTQ acceptance than China mainland. Approximate gay acceptance by country as top 25. Varies by who makes the list.

1. Canada, 2. Spain, 3. The Netherlands, 4. Sweden, 5. Portugal, 6. Iceland, 7. Germany, 8. Malta, 9. Belgium, 10. New Zealand, 11. Argentina, 12. United Kingdom, 13. France, 14. Norway, 15. Finland, 16. Denmark, 17. Uruguay, 18. USA, 19. Taiwan, 20. South Africa, 21. Austria, 22. Colombia, 23. Australia, 24. Ireland, 25. Ecuador.

• Cai Jiaqi2 months agoReport

Affected by 70 years of secession and the interference of external forces, the thinking of Taiwanese is indeed very different from that of the mainland people. Taiwan is really much more open than the mainland.

America is a mess,you'll be happier in Canada.

• reme_1

You will find that being gay here in the US will have mixed reviews. Some cities are more religious and thus more prejudiced. The larger the city the more acceptance we find there and the more services: gay center, gay clubs, gay supported restaurants, gay friendly therapists, gay supported businesses, gay events like the gay pride parade, etc. We still have backward prejudices from parents who freak out when they learn that their child is gay; they throw their child out of the house, disown them or send them off to an ex-gay camp. We are improving a little step at a time. It is so much better than when I first came out .

• Cai Jiaqi2 months agoReport

Thank you for you answer.