JaNOPE asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 months ago

How much weight can I lose in a month?

I'm a 13-year-old girl who is 5'1 and 135 lbs. I plan on eating less than 1,200 calories a day and try to follow both the military and the keto diet. If I burn about 2,000-2,500 calories a day (about 1,500 at school and extra with exercise), how much weight can I lose in a month?

brain damaged loser + underage loser = reported 

You don't count calories on Ketogenic - you count carbs. And you'll lose as much fat as your body wants to give up. Everyone loses weight at a different pace.

Since you're young, it should come off faster than if you were 50 years old.

Plus, for the first week or so, you're going to lose fluid/water weight not fat. But you might be surprised at how much inflammation is in your body from excess fluid.

Don't forget to drink water, and stay hydrated.

As a child you should only attempt weight loss under strict medical supervision. You are risking permanent damage to your health and development.

• Andy C

Hey kid.  I  call you that bc I'm old enough to be your father.  I am not,  nor am I a doctor,  but I just happen to know more about nutrition and the body than likely anyone else who answers.

This isn't boasting; I am just very confident in knowing the exact science about obesity,  fat loss and exercise's effects on both (which happens to be about nil).

Caloric restriction (limiting calorie intake) IS by definition anorexia and leads to a type of survival mode called the anorexogenic cycle where nearl everything you eat is stored in your fat cells, making you fatter long before it makes you thinner,  and on that subject,  I'm even more of an expert bc I did it that way!

All it took was complete liver failure and encephalopathy that led to a 23 day coma and line feeding only for 2 months. 

I did eventually wake up and think "FINALLY,  the love handles are gone!"

I didn't realize that I couldn't sit up,  eat,  stand,  walk,  breathe and would later go blind. 

Your body already has a terrific calorie counter built in, but a diet containing regular sugars disables the hunger off switch, CAUSING overeating. 

Stop consuming <10g of added sugars and WAMMO! you will be thin in weeks. 

The book below explains why this is true, but at 13 I knew very little of biochemistry and my mom was a high school biology and chemistry teacher.   I doubt that it'll elucidate much for you. 

If you have a science buff in the family,  ask them to read it. 

Or try giving up sugar, HFCS,  honey,  nectar, juice, molasses, maple syrup and white flour products (most breads,  crackers and pastas) for a month and see (and feel) what happens. 

Source(s): "Fat Chance..." by Dr. Robert Lustig M.D

I have read and understood your question. And I'm going to help you. I myself was having a similar problem. After that I took the help of this website and benefited. Now I'm a lot more in danger. You can get help from this website if you want.

http://bit.ly/33LKKML