Cost for digital photo?

So I have some very nice high quality photos of some stuff at my work that my boss would like to use to promote and sell his product. They would go on the business social media accounts and be used on his website to sell the product. 

These photos would greatly benefit his business and I would feel a bit used if I didn't get anything for them. 

Is it fair to ask for something in return for using/or giving him my photos? If so, what would be fair for the both of us?

Depends.

Did you take them at work when you were on the clock? Then they are his in any case.

• You just randomly chose to take pictures of stuff at work and now the boss wants them for advertising? Where were the pictures taken and under what circumstance? And what are they?

if it's a business with a family atmosphere your credit is purely social. in most cases you should be wholly satisfied with social credit, this is job security, justification for end of year raises, and what sets you apart for the purposes of promotion.

if you asked me for money for photos in most cases i'd tell you to leave the room and then i'd ask someone else to take pics on company time, that's their payment for the pics.

Best keep your mouth shut and give up the photo else you may find your cheap a&& out of a job.