My laptop says "Reboot or select another boot device..." Can you help me?

My older laptop says "Reboot or select another boot device..." and a week ago, it said "Error in loading operating system".

Can I ask someone to remove the hard disk and access my documents in Windows 10? I no longer need the laptop but I may need my data in the hard disk to function as a data hard disk.

I understand that Windows 10 has password protected my account in the hard disk.

Thank you for your valuable time! Have a wonderful 2020!!

Favorite Answer

the startup code can't find the boot drive. hard disk manager software can sometimes fix this [repair boot code]. look for free version at cnet.com under downloads and utilities

Source(s): homebuilder
  • keerok

Enter BIOS, verify that date and time and correct then save to default settings. Try booting again. If that does not work, you hard disk crashed. Bye-bye files!

Chances are you can still recover them so take very good care of your broken laptop.

• David

This error message usually indicates a failed hard drive. The hard drive has to be replaced and the operating system restored from your recovery or backup disks

Any tech can do this. If you need your data off a dead hard drive, some techs may be able to help, otherwise there are specialist drive recovery centres that can rebuild the drive and recover what they can, they are not cheap. See what your local tech says and if necessary contact a data recovery centre in your area for the costs involved.

That's exactly what it says.