06 Dodge Dakota Shaking?

I have a 2006 Dodge Dakota I've replaced the CV joints front hubs and bearings and the u-joints front and back when that was all done I got in to drive it and now it drives like it's going over railroad tracks any suggestions? I don't know what else to replace

Instead of replacing the CV joints you should have replaced the complete axles. Th inner slide joints may be bad and causing the shaking.

Motor mounts can also cause that.

Now you know why a person should get issues diagnosed before wasting their money throwing parts at a vehicle.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech

You changed the DRIVE COMPONENTS. The components that make the car go forward and reverse.  The problem is steering components or wheel balance is really off (or you got a bad tire). It costs YOU more when you don't know what the "fork" you are doing and WHY?  Changing ANY parts IS JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH.     You got to change the parts related to the problem.  You now wasted a lot of time and money changing stuff you probably could have left alone still.

. It  may be one part.  A wheel alignment shop or maybe a tire shop should be your first stop.  One of them is going to deny it is THEIR PROBLEM AREA.  A quick visual will tell them right off it is not their component.

.Wheel alignment shops don't do tire balancing and tire shops don't do wheel alignments.

It is like a Proctologist does not check your tonsils as a Nose, mouth & throat doctor does not do the Butt.  They specialize in their particular area.

Same difference.

Or, you could replace ALL the parts on the WHOLE CAR.  But I am guessing you do not want to do that.

It could also be brake pads grabbing on one side on a dirty rotor.  I like to figure out which single item is causing the problem and go from there.

A quick question is WHY DID YOU even start to work on it.  What was the initial problem you were trying to correct?

Sit down have a coffee and grab a pencil and paper and jot down what the car is "doing wrong".  Let us know all of that and we can ANALYZE YOUR FACTS and come out with a closer to the truth answer. (cheaper easier and faster anyways)

45+ yr mechanic.

It might be time to see a professional mechanic, preferably a suspension specialist.

• Ian K

Check drive shaft u-joints and tires...  And ball joints, tie rod ends.