JENNY ANN asked in PetsCats · 4 weeks ago

Justice for my cat killed by dog?

My daughter's cat was killed by this dog who was in the cage, the dog got out and killed the cat right away. We called the Police but did not do anything

They lived in one apartment, the door was closed and apparently it was opened by the dog and killed my daughter's cat instantly.

They owner took the dog with them at home .. while my daughter is taking the cat's body to be cremated.. where is the justice for this?

Please Help..

Jenny

Was your cat in your apartment or out in common areas?

If the cat was not properly contained, then there is no "justice", as you are equally responsible for keeping your pet contained.

If the cat was in your apartment and the dog got inside your apartment, you can sue the dog owner in small claims for the cost of damages the dog did.

Justice? Jenny, it was a cat. Cats are considered wild animals (by law), a dog is domestic. Call animal control. The dog was off it's leash.There's nothing else that you can do. There are no Kitty Rights. And, no, do not harass your neighbor. He may seek justice if you do.

• ZotsRule
      4 weeks agoReport

WTF?  Cats are not considered wild animals even if they are strays.  How stupid are you?  No wonder you post anonymously!

Considering this is a brand new account I'm pretty sure this story is complete BS and you're just yet another TROLL.

If this really happened why was YOUR door wide open?  If you let your cat roam outside I'm sure that's against you apartment's rules.  YOUR fault this cat is dead - again - IF this even happened.