Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsOther - Pets · 4 weeks ago

is it normal to feel like a human dies when your pet dies?

My bird just died this week & i've been trying to explain to my family that I need to mourn cause I feel like a brother or sister just died. My family said to me that there's no way you feel like a human died when your pet died.

Favorite Answer

Those people have never bonded with a pet and will never understand how difficult it is to lose one.

My best friend and companion died that just devastated me. I knew he was getting old, just never imagined being without him.

His name was Yogi, a house mouse I raised from infant.

You never forget, that was back in 1963.

• abdul

I felt the same way when my little chihuahua disappeared. I don't know if he was taken by a thief, or is if a predator took him out of my yard. I still miss him terribly, and still mourn his loss months later.  Edit;

Zots, you don't have a clue about what happened to my pet. You just seem to feel the need to butt in with your opinion where it is unwanted. Eff-Off you bloody moron.

• abdul
      4 weeks agoReport

Bugger off mate. You don't know shyt from wild honey about what happened. You just feel the need to mouth off with your unasked for opinion.