Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

Should I talk to the head nurse or someone about the bruise a nurse gave me?

I had a doctors appt. The nurse who took my vitals put the cuff on my arm. She pumped it so hard that there is not a ring of bruise around my arm.

I've had my blood pressure taken numerous times. I of course know it supposed to be tight even a little uncomfortably tight but this nurse kept pumping the cuff so tight I protested out loud with omg OUCH! she said it has to be tight but jesus, it's was to the point where I was shaking.

Now I have a ring of bruise around my arm. What should I do? I doubt I'd sue but I do want to bring attention to this nurse who doesn't know how to take a simple blood pressure.

Update:

*there is NOW a ring of bruise around my arm.

Update 2:

SKEPTIK - thanks, I never considered that the cuff might be defective. I went straight away mind wise that SHE might be the issue. 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Were you at a hospital or a doctor's office?  You may bring the situation to the attention of the practice manager, the nursing supervisor, or an administrator.  Take pictures of the bruises.

It is possible that the cuff was defective and or that the nurse was poorly trained.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

i would talk to the head nurse about it

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Talk to the head nurse, or manager with clear photos of the bruise.

• 1 month ago

Not from an isolated incident. If it happens again, that is when you speak up.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

i would turn her in while you still have that bruise for proof

• 1 month ago

Yes, you should let the nursing supervisor know.

That usually means that the machine she used is defective and needs repair.

------

No problem.  That's just a part of my job.

When something like this happens, someone like me finds out what's wrong.  And fixes it, if it can be.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.