Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

what is "Drama" & is it something that many humans crave? why? and how come many would rather watch Jerry Springer vs. a history documentary?

also, besides shows like Jerry Springer,,what are other ways people get their "Fix" for this type of drama? "NEWS"?  news stories on their local news? look who got locked up for ___?  drunken driving? child porn? rape? murder? other?  why humans like this type of information?

Favorite Answer

They want something to make them feel better.

1.

a. A prose or verse composition, especially one telling a serious story, that is intended for representation by actors impersonating the characters and performing the dialogue and action.

b. A serious narrative work or program for television, radio, or the cinema.

2. Theatrical plays of a particular kind or period: Elizabethan drama.

3. The art or practice of writing or producing dramatic works.

4. A situation or succession of events in real life having the dramatic progression or emotional effect characteristic of a play: the drama of the prisoner's escape and recapture.

5. The quality or condition of being dramatic: a summit meeting full of drama.

• audrey

I don't really like Jerry Springer, but I'll take him over a boring history documentary. I get my drama from Young and Restless. Lol