how can I get my lemon tree to blossom and bear fruit?
- TexpersonLv 71 month agoFavorite Answer
1. If its in a pot, be sure its big enough to allow the roots to grow.
2. Don't let it get exposed to temps below 40 degrees.
3. In spring, fertilize with fruit tree fertilizer as directed on package. Fertilize every three months, stopping in Sept. to allow the tree to go dormant in the winter.
4. During the summer, water to keep the soil moist not wet.
5. Make sure it gets at least 6 hrs of sun every day.
6. The flowers should set in early summer, with small lemons starting shortly thereafter, with lemons available near Thanksgiving.
- PeriferalistLv 74 weeks ago
Be patient. They need several years to start bearing fruit.
- CoquihallaLv 71 month ago
It happens come the spring and the longer sun light hours. It knows it is the winter.
- Pearl LLv 71 month ago
just give it lots of water
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- Anonymous1 month ago
Care for it well. Don't over-fertilize; use a fertilizer intended for fruit trees.