Hi Could You help me set up a password on my computer laptop its an hp?
- Laurence ILv 74 weeks ago
on your pc seach(at the start programs button) for "change the way users logon" and follow the instructions. Hint Control Panel--> USERS
- Spock (rhp)Lv 74 weeks ago
please see owner's manual. [you didn't tell us which model]. the manual is online if you've misplaced it
- Boris 24Lv 74 weeks ago
When you first set up a new computer, Windows prompts you to set a password for your account. You may have missed or skipped that step, or previously removed the password. Windows does allow you to add a password to your account later through the User Accounts feature in the Control Panel. Once set, Windows displays a password text bar when it boots up. If a user enters an incorrect password, he cannot gain access to the account. This security feature deters curious employees or malicious hackers from accessing sensitive business data on your computer.
1. Click the "Start" button. Click "Control Panel," and then click "Add or remove user accounts" under the section titled "User Accounts and Family Safety." Click "Continue" if the User Accounts Control asks for permission to make the change.
2. Click your account name in the list, and then click "Create a password."
3. Enter a password in the text bars. To create a strong password, create a combination of random letters, number and symbols that is at least eight characters long. Avoid using your name, your company's name, identifiable information such as your pet's name or a complete word.
4. Type a password hint into the text bar, and then click "Create password."
5. Reboot your computer and log in to your account with your new password.