Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 1 month ago

How do people drive their cars INTO buildings at like seeminly full speed?

Somebody told me they sometimes mistakenly push the gas instead of the reverse but who da *** reverses full speed?  Im so confused how that can happen accidently

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Apparently you have never thought your foot was on the brake but was actually on the accelerator. The sensation is very confusing in close quarters and the instinct is to press the brake harder - but the accelerator is being pressed. Some people are just very slow to realize that stopping what they are doing will make the situation worse. 

Once I was driving an older Taurus with snow boots on (pack boots very wide) I was stopped in traffic and my foot was on the brake but the right side of the boot was also pushing the accelerator - the sensation was very confusing but I pulled my foot off the brake and got back on it correctly before any impact.......but my instinct was to push the brake harder to stop the unknown (at the time) engine acceleration. 

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

People make mistakes, your parents made mistake that why you are here asking nonsense on yahoo

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

My Father, at 80, had  his '89  Olds Cutlass Ciera in "R"  instead of "P". Accidentally hit gas (not Too hard) but still went into neighbors'' living room. Lost his license.

That car ran so smoot and quiet  compared  to his old '72 Gran Torino, he thought engine Off..  Even Lucy floored a '55 Buick. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It must be reduced to like, nine seconds for each meter.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Ez

......m it's called a woman driver

Attachment image
  • Erik
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

that's why it's so rare

• 1 month ago

maybe they did it by accident

• 1 month ago

Full speed would mean the vehicle is operating at it's maximum speed which could mean 80-180 MPH. No one would be able to stop their vehicle pulling into a garage at "full speed". They might eventually stop in their neighbors garage one or two blocks away after crashing through several houses at full speed. 

There are normal people and there are psychopaths and they drive their vehicles accordingly. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

People make mistakes.  That is all.  That is why machinery and equipment are designed with many safeguards because people can get hurt or killed operating or maintaining them.

• 1 month ago

No, you were told that sometimes they hit the gas instead of the brake. Reverse has nothing yo do with it.

• noname1 month agoReport

Model "T"s Have Reverse Pedal.  Or will  you  argue that, too? Of course, in 99% of these accidents, it is car with automatic. I see a Lot of T's. A's, '55 Buicks around town, all run. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.