Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 4 weeks ago

metaphor in grinch?

Are there any metaphors in the book "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" by Dr. Seuss? If so, what is the line and page number of the metaphor?

Thanks.

No longer needed. I was allowed to just used the song.

• Elaine
    Favorite Answer

Since a metaphor is a comparison without "like" or "as" what does the author say about the Grinch's heart?   Would that be a comparison? 

• Gikkle4 weeks agoReport

Thanks, but I don't believe what it says about the heart (two sizes too small) is a metaphor, as far as I understand. My teacher let me use one from the song anyways, since none of my class could find any metaphors in the Grinch.

Try reading the book. I'm sure you'll find it for yourself. 

• Gikkle4 weeks agoReport

Already did, with my classmates. We couldn't find anything though so we just used the song.

Anything else? Any other homework you'd like us to do for you?

• Gikkle4 weeks agoReport

No, thanks for the offer though. My teacher only told me to look online for this one (this was 
      after I had gone through the book myself), and I couldn't find it anywhere online, so I came here. I don't need help with anything else.