Can anyone give me ideas on what Republican policy is to overcome poverty?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Laurie
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

They have no plans to overcome poverty. They believe that, if people are poor, it is their own fault. Republicans are concerned only about making sure THEY are not poor.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

I can't and not because I don't want to, but simply because Republican policy 

towards overcoming poverty .. Well they don't have such a thing. They want to 

make a few people rich beyond belief, and have the rest of us be their slaves.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Ignore it and hope it goes away.

• Kid Mohawk
      Lv 5
      4 weeks agoReport

They don't completely ignore it... I mean every now and then they send the police to wrangle up the homeless and kick them out of town.  You know, because relocating problems is the solution for everything.

• Robert
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Create jobs for people to work, earn a living and take care of themselves. Novel idea in 2020 where no one wants to be accountable for themselves.

• Annonymous
      Lv 5
      4 weeks agoReport

also the answer falls short of anything well thought out

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

In theory, the idea of trickle-down economics is perhaps their strongest effort.  aka. If a business owner pays less in taxes, then they will invest more in their business and in turn hire more employees.  More employees means more money flowing into a community, leading to other jobs being created and the local county / state being able to collect more tax dollars overall, allowing them to improve schools, infrastructure, and even help the needy.

In reality, many of these business owners pocket the money or use it to automate the need for human employees right out the door.  This is not always the case, but we've seen it to be the result the majority of the time.

• Annonymous
      Lv 5
      4 weeks agoReport

But we know that "trickle down" is not nearly as effective as what the cons claim, and it only benefits those who are trained in those limited jobs and yes business would rather "pocket" profits than hire.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.