Dove asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 4 weeks ago

Is it just me but I think the American government does stuff they shouldn't be doing. What's your opinion?

I think they shouldn't give so much money to other countries when we can't give money to the people that are born in America and starving people etc.

Like it corrupt but not as much as others

Update:

Plus, it seems like if a person is an immigrant gets first hand on scholarships and other stuff.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

No it's not just you. There are lots of especially liberal leanings who protest all our nation's war activities even though many, if not all, were foisted on us by other nations.

Like it or not, the US was once considered the police force of the world. When a foreign nation went rogue, the US was expected to straighten out that rogue nation somehow...typically by sending in troops.

Trump has been talking the talk to get the US out of being the world's police force. But he's not been walking the walk. In fact he's now sending more troops into harms way as he's finding out what most everyone else knew, when we take out troops out of an area, the enemy moves their troops in.

Just wait...if we actually pull out of Afghanistan, Al Qaeda will move in and once again export its terrorism into the western world, including the US.

Anyway to answer your question. If we could get our enemies to leave us alone when we pull out and spend the money on our own people, I think we would be happy to do that.

But our enemies will not leave us alone; so it would be folly to do that.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

In summary :

Theys doing stuff they shouldnt be doin.

Like it corrupt 

immegrants get too much stuff.

• BOOM
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

Every government on the planet does stuff they shouldn't be doing

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Being the dominant global superpower is complicated and expensive. 

Geopolitical considerations are important for both security and economic reasons. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.