BOOM
BOOM asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 4 weeks ago

How many Americans are well-educated on the life and writing of Martin Luther King, Jr?

His name is tossed about and associated with more things both positive and negative that have no real relation to him, his persona or sentiments. 

More of a buzz phrase than any real in depth knowledge of what he did and did not stand for. 

I was around for part of his life, and have a volume of all of his speeches in their original, and another of his most prominent essays. 

Not many.  I freely admit my knowledge of his life and writing  is not very complete. The most important thing about him though is the impact he had on the USA.  Where he went to college and other details are fine for those who care.  Not knowing those doesn't mean someone doesn't know the most important things - his affect on the US and it laws.

• jimm

Most aren’t very well educated

I am pretty much 100% white and I love Martin Luther Kings writing and speeches. 

Equality matters no matter the color or gender.

Source(s): Made a 5 page essay upon MLK Jr.