There are bleach stains on my large room sized area rug. Can I fill in the discoloration with a permanent colored marker?

I have a light grey colored area rug my living room with blue patterns.

There is a light yellow spot from bleach however , on the rug .

Can I fill the ugly spot in with a colored marker?

1 Answer

  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

    Markers , like Sharpie brand, can fade

    You can try an alcohol marker, such as copic or spectrum noir.  But all of these markers can bleed. So you won’t get a sharp line of where you want them to stop. And chances of getting the right color is slim. You could test it out on a fabric first, like a white t-shirt. 

    Never tried it, so I don’t know if this would work on carpet fiber 

    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.