Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 4 weeks ago

Thoughts?

My husband rarely kisses me, except when we leave for work or go to bed. He does show me intimacy, just not kissing on lips a lot. He does kiss my forehead sometimes. Been married for 7 1/2 months. He does say he loves me and shows he cares for me. He said he loves taking care of me. So, should I ask him about the kissing or just let it be? I really don’t have a problem with it, just want to know if I should ask him about it? I know he loves me and I don’t want to seem pushy by asking  

If there are no problems in your marriage I would ask him in a non confrontational matter. Marriage is give and take. If your needs are not being met you need to let him know in the right way. I’ve been there and it led to a separation for me not speaking up and feeling neglected. A lot more to our separation but I think communication and trust are the main components to a healthy marriage. Not communicating and holding things in can lead to resentment over time. I would recommend just giving him compliments when he kisses you to let him know that you enjoy the affection “I love you to I love it when you do ....” etc if you don’t want to confront him 

• Or kiss him like you like to be kissed and compliment him afterwards

You should have asked this before you got married. My boyfriend was/is like this I asked him about it when I realized it. We've been working on it ever since. He told me that he finds it a bit unpleasant, he doesn't like the sloppiness of it, kind of like many others have different kinks. Anyways he's gotten better so just address it with your husband 

Each person is unique in his or her need for affection. Talk together about how each of you prefers to receive affection and whether more is needed. Then, be diligent in filling your mate’s need. Remember, affection is essential to a strong marriage.

Bible principle: “Love . . . does not look for its own interests.”​—1 Corinthians 13:4, 5.

Tip: Rather than demanding affection, ask yourself, ‘What can I do to make my mate feel more affectionate toward me?’

You guys have been married for almost 8 years and you never have asked him why he doesn't kiss you? You have the patience of a saint.

Also, you aren't being "pushy" you only want to know why your husband of years doesn't show affection in a way that most people use commonly to show love to their partner. That's not being "pushy" that's asking about something normal.

• Hey, He is never gonna know unless you speak up or better yet, 'show' him.  :D

You say you don't have a problem with it but I wonder how often do you have sex? Kissing a woman on the mouth is the best way I ever found that would turn a woman quickly. And it can't be a peck on the lips.

• n2mama

I think you probably have bad breath and don’t realize it. You may eat or drink strongly flavored things (like onions or coffee) that he finds offensive. Maybe you are a smoker and he doesn’t like kissing an ashtray mouth. Or maybe you have tooth decay that causes your whole mouth to stink. If he used to kiss your mouth and now he doesn’t, it’s probably one of those. If he never has been a mouth kisser, maybe he doesn’t like it.

brush your teeth and rinse with mouthwash. your breath could halt a raging bull.

• Ann

Make sure your breath is good, then grab him and kiss him, see what happens

some people just dont like germy nasty mouths..