What would you do?

Hello! For background info I’m a 20 year old college student. Recently I’ve really wanted to move out on my own and I have enough money, and have found a Room. But I feel so bad for leaving my dad as he's alone most of the time. I’d also be leaving my dog. However I know she will be well taken care of with him. He says I’m making a bad decision and that I’ll essentially be miserable. I just can’t take it anymore living with him to be quite honest... (he can be emotionally abusive).  also I can’t move with my mom because she’s very strict and won’t even let me sleepover at someone’s house- and is very distant at times. Plus I get stressed living with her new husband as it makes me relive the past when she was with a man who used to abuse my sister and I. So I don’t know if it’s smart to move and pay $600 for a room or suck it up?

Also right now I live almost 2 hours away by bus to college (I know people have it worse :/). Although in that room I’d be way closer (like 30 min bus ride). But on the downside I suffer from social anxiety and depression, so maybe moving would be worse? Or better? As my mom says the environment I’m in is making me feel/be that way. Sorry to keep ranting but long story short what would you do in this situation? Stay and keep your dad company? Or move out on your own? Even if you’re unstable and be hopeful that you can make it on your own. Thanks if you read this far btw, and your comment is appreciated :) also sorry but I suck at grammar :( lol 

Look, you're growing up, becoming an adult. It's normal to move out and be on your own. Your parents will do as they want, you can't control them anyway.

So go.

i would move out

You're doing the right thing. Your dad is being emotionally abusive by discouraging you. Just put together a plan to work, go to school, learn about your neighborhood, make friends, engage in hobbies, and live safely. Your dad will be okay.

• 1 month agoReport

live with dad and save money, go to school and get a job, most of all save your money

judging from the parents you have your dad doesn't want you to leave because he will be the one miserable and your mom is no help get out there on your own and make something of yourself