AskZilla asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 4 weeks ago

Why don't people have any manners these days?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

My own personal Theory as to why people don't have manners these days is...

Electronics. Gone are the days when people spent more time visiting and communicating face to face. People are becoming desocialized as they communicate through Electronics. Emojis and abbreviated text messaging has replaced the communication skills of our children, teenagers and young adults.

I am an eyewitness.

In addition to electronics destroying societies communication skills and manners, it is compounded by other events as well. The introduction of all of these newfangled products that parents acquire, there comes a literal price tag. Both parents are off to work to pay for everything they charge and buy. As a result, not as much time is spent on parenting their children, which includes teaching them manners.

• Login to reply the answers
  • RP
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

That may seem true for some, but, regrettably, too many these days don't seem to know any better. It's not that they're rude, but they never learned how to be polite, courteous, and/or considerate.

• denise
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Probably not taught them whilst growing up.

• 4 weeks ago

Poor parenting that becomes perpetual, because poorly raised impolite children grow up to be poorly raised impolite adults who can't parent or teach their kids proper manners.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

a lot of people were never taught manners--really--and then it compounds with every generation--people have adopted this "me first" mentality and manners don't work with that kind of selfish attitude.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

some have manners

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Many of us have manners.   That's how we recognize the ones who don't.

A couple generations ago society became obsessed with self-esteem.  Putting a child's self-esteem above everything else - including basic boundaries and manners - created a huge sense of self-entitlement in these people.    Self-entitled people tend to be rude (and easily offended) even if they don't meant to be.   

• 4 weeks ago

Poor parenting ..............

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Well I don't know what culture your talking about or site online but it just seems like it depends on where i go and who i meet and i can live with it because if mom or dad and family history did not teach it you never even knew what it was until you saw it by others and this is so true where you can show some others how like little grand kids. 

• 4 weeks ago

Because of the way they were raised

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.